Susie’s Favourite Recipes
75 g (3 oz) Hazelnuts
225 g (8 oz) Milk Chocolate
100 g (4 oz) Butter
100 g (4 oz) Soft Brown Sugar
100 g (4 oz) Self-Raising Flour
2 Large Eggs
1 greased 18 cm (7 “) Square Cake Tin
* Preheat oven to 190 C, 375 F, Gas mark 4.* Prepare the hazelnuts and 175 g (6 oz) of the chocolate by roughly chopping them.* Put the butter and remaining chocolate in a bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water.
* Beat well when mixture has melted and allow to cool slightly.
* Beat together the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl, then add the cooled chocolate mixture. Beat until thoroughly combined.
* Fold in the flour and the chopped ingredients into the beaten mixture.
* Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 30 minutes until springy to the touch and the centre should still be a little soft.
* Allow to cool in the tin then turn out onto a plate.
* This could be enjoyed as a sweet with chocolate custard!
– – –