Jam & Lemon Curd Tarts
225 g (8 oz) **Self-raising Flour
25 g (1 oz) Sugar
100 g (4 oz) Margarine
30 ml (2 tbsp) Cold Water
Jam or/and Lemon Curd
**Please note you can use plain flour but self-raising gives the pastry a softer more crumblier texture.
* Preheat oven to 230 C, 450 F and Gas Mark 8.
* Put the flour and sugar into the basin and add the margarine.
* Lightly rub in the margarine using your fingertips. Lift the mixture up as you rub the mixture together. This allows the air in and helps to have a lighter pastry.
* Using a knife, add a little water at a time, stir the mixture until you have a nice stiff consistency.
* Kneed the mixture in the bowl until it becomes one piece of dough.
* Turn onto a floured board or work surface and roll out to the thickness you prefer.
* Cut out 12 circles and place into the tin.
* Put a spoonful of jam or lemon curd into each, not too much as it will bubble up as it cooks and could bubble over (this would make a sticky mess).
* Place into the oven and cook for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.