Susie’s Favourite Recipes
225 g (8 oz) **Self-raising Flour
25 g (1 oz) Sugar
100 g (4 oz) Margarine
30 ml (2 tbsp) Cold Water
Sweet Mince Meat
**Please note you can use plain flour but self-raising gives the pastry a softer more crumblier texture.
* Preheat oven to 230 C, 450 F and Gas Mark 8.
* Put the flour and sugar into the basin and add the margarine.
* Lightly rub in the margarine using your fingertips.
Lift the mixture up as you rub the mixture together.
This allows the air in and helps to have a lighter pastry.
* Using a knife, add a little water at a time, stir the mixture until you have a nice stiff consistency.
* Kneed the mixture in the bowl until it becomes one piece of dough.
* Turn onto a floured board or work surface and roll out to the thickness you prefer.
* Cut out 12 larger and 12 smaller circles, re-rolling the pastry as needed.
You may wish to cut out star shapes instead of circles for the tops.
* Place the larger ones into the patty tin.
* Place a spoonful of sweet mince meat into each one.
* Brush the edges with a little milk using a pastry brush.
* Place the smaller circles or star shapes on the top pressing down gently.
Make a small hole in the centre of each one (not needed for the star shapes).
* Brush lightly with the milk and sprinkle a little bit of sugar on each.
* Place into the oven and cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
* To serve you may wish to lightly sprinkle with icing sugar.
Always wanted to learn a martial art?
It’s never too late… Come and Try Taekwon-do at Beccles or Bungay Taekwon-do Clubs
and bring the children, we will teach you all at the same time!!
Come and Train with British Champions!