Susie’s Favourite Recipes
Cheese and Ham Bites
25 g (1 oz) Butter
60 ml (4 tbsp) Water
50 g (2 oz) Flour
25 g (1 oz) Cheddar Cheese
25 g (1 oz) Ham
5 ml (1 Level tsp)
* Grate the cheese, chop the ham and finely chop the onions.
* Bring the butter and water to the boil and remove from the heat.
* Add the flour and stir quickly until the mixture forms a soft ball and leaves the side of the pan clean. Allow to cool slightly.
* Gradually add the eggs, beating them in until the mixture is smooth, shiny and firm enough to stand in soft peaks.
* Add the cheese, ham and onion and mix well. You can add seasoning if you require.
* Heat the oil and drop small amounts in. Fry for about 4 – 5 minutes until golden brown.
* Serve hot.