65 g (2 ½ oz) Plain Flour
50 g (2oz) Butter
150 ml (6 fl oz) Water
2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
150 ml (6 fl oz) Whipping Cream, Whipped
150 ml (6 fl oz) Double Cream
50 g (2 oz) Butter
50 g (2oz) Vanilla Sugar
175 g (7 oz) Plain Chocolate
2 tbsp Brandy
* Heat oven to 200 C. 400 F. Gas Mark 6.* Sift flour into dish.
* Melt the butter and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
* Remove from heat and tip the flour in all at once and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
* Cool for 1 to 2 minutes then gradually beat in enough of the beaten egg to give a piping consistency. Beat well until glossy
* Pipe small balls of the mixture onto a dampened baking sheet.
* Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp.
* Make a slit in the sides and cool on a wire rack.
* When they are cool fill a piping bag with the whipped cream. Add some into each profiterole.
* Put onto a plate or dish.
* Heat the cream, butter and vanilla sugar in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Stir until smooth. Take off the saucepan.
* Break the chocolate into the cream mixture and stir until it has melted and thoroughly combined.
* Stir in the brandy a little at a time. Leave to cool to room temperature.
* Pour over the profiteroles, leaving the remaining sauce to serve separately.
* You can double the ingredients if you want more to go round.