Final preparations are underway for a special awards evening designed to celebrate community health staff who go the extra mile to support colleagues and provide their patients with the best possible care.
Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust’s (NCH&C) Recognition of Excellence and Achievement in Community Health (REACH) Awards 2014 takes place on March 27 at Sprowston Manor, near Norwich.
The evening has been organised to celebrate the dedication, skill and commitment which NCH&C’s staff show to patients across Norfolk every single day. It will see 10 special awards handed out to therapists, nurses, doctors, admin and other support staff in recognition of their efforts to deliver the best possible care within the community.
Among the award categories are: Clinical Excellence; Innovation; Team of the year; and Unsung Hero.
Michael Scott, NCH&C Chief Executive, said: “Both the quality and quantity of entries we received for this year’s awards were outstanding, and a testament to the dedication of our staff who work hard to deliver high quality, innovative and diverse services to hundreds of people across Norfolk every single day.
“I would like to thank all our staff who took the time to nominate a colleague they felt was worthy of recognition. Their stories demonstrate what can be achieved through dedication and compassion, and made selecting the awards finalists a very difficult job.
“I am really looking forward to welcoming our 30 finalists to Sprowston next week, celebrating their achievements and publicly recognising the difference they have made to the lives of the people who rely on the healthcare services we provide.”
Around 170 nominations were put forward for the awards, which have been sponsored by a variety of local businesses. Three individuals or teams have been shortlisted in each category by a panel of judges.
The finalists in each of the 10 categories are:
• Christine Harvey, Modern Matron (South)
• Libby ffrench-Mullen, Principal Speech and Language Therapist
• Lucy Molineux, Community Link Nurse, Brundall and Acle Community Nursing and Therapy Integrated Team
• Heidi Davidson, Learning Disabilities Nurse, Starfish West
• Nicola Smith, Community Physiotherapist, North Walsham Community Nursing and Therapy Integrated Team
• Lucy Softley, Pre-Nursing Experience Healthcare Assistant, Caroline House
Good Corporate Citizen:
• Sharon Duneclift, Health Visitor, North and Broadland Health Visiting Team
• Michelle Hanke, Human Resources Assistant
• Thetford Community Nursing and Therapy Integrated Team
Governors’ Recognition Award
• Care At Home Team (North)
• Dorothy Simpson, Specialist Palliative Care Nurse
• Ann Yaxley, Registered Nurse, Pineheath Ward, Kelling Hospital
• Mandatory Training Project Team
• Talk About Project, Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Service
• Wanda Thompson, Team Lead, Virtual Ward and Coastal Community Nursing and Therapy Integrated Team
• Becky Cooper, Assistant Director (North)
• Jennifer Maddox, Clinical Link Nurse, Cromer Community Nursing and Therapy Integrated Team
• Rebecca Buss and Darren Sayer, Learning and Development Team
• Sure Start Children’s Centres
• Integrated Team, Children with Complex Health and Disability (Central)
• Starfish West, Children’s Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Child and Adolescent Service
Looking After You Locally
• Linda Hatton, Specialist Heart Failure Nurse (South)
• Steve Judd, Communication Development Worker, Community Learning Disabilities Team (North)
• Starfish+, Children’s Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Child and Adolescent Service
Team of the Year
• Care at Home Team (North)
• Caroline House: Specialist Neurological Rehabilitation Inpatients Service
• Mobile Working Project Team
• Carla Nobrega-Holloway, Community Assistant Practitioner, City 2 Community Nursing and Therapy Integrated Team
• Joanna White, Specialist COPD Nurse (West)
• Adrian Willis, Physiotherapy Assistant, Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Service (North)
Media Invitation: Date for your diary
Media colleagues, including photographers, are invited to attend the REACH For The Stars Awards 2014 in the evening of Thursday, March 27, at Sprowston Manor, Wroxham Road, Norwich, NR7 8RP.
Iceni Post advertiser
Monarch Catering Services, Norfolk, Suffolk