Look out for the Easter Grabbits at Suffolk Libraries!
Easy to ‘grab’ and read selections of books for children and young people will soon be available in several Suffolk Libraries.
The new ‘Grabbit’ book displays are being launched during the Easter holidays to make it easy for children to pick up and read popular books by the same author or follow the adventures of a particular character.
Alison Wheeler, General Manager of Suffolk Libraries, said: “The idea of our Grabbit books is to provide ‘quick choice’ books for younger readers so they can get hold of popular books more easily and quickly. The school holidays are a good time to launch this as people may have more time to visit their local library with their children. We know children are very loyal readers and will work through every title by an author they are hooked on. Because children’s reading tastes and abilities change as they get older, they may discover an author like Jeff Kinney and his Wimpy Kid books when the fifth title comes out and then want to read the earlier books too. The Grabbit displays will showcase collections of books in attractive displays to tempt children into trying a new author.”
The Grabbit books displays are being piloted in the following nine libraries from the first week of the Easter Holidays:
Lowestoft, Stowmarket, Woodbridge, Haverhill, Hadleigh, Mildenhall, Aldeburgh, Stradbroke and Stoke in Ipswich.
The authors and series being promoted include:
• Dave Pilkey – Captain Underpants series
• Liz Pichon – Tom Gates series (She has just won the Blue Peter Award)
• Jeff Kinney – Diary of a Wimpy Kid series
• Frank Cottrell Boyce – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang series
• Dominic Barker – Max & Molly’s Guide to Trouble series
• Rachel Renee Russell – Dork Diaries series
• Louise Rennison – Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series
• Anthony Horowitz – Power of Five series
• Darren Shan – Zom-B series
The Grabbit titles also includes books from David Walliams, Roald Dahl and Michael Morpurgo.
Libraries are being sent a colour ‘Captain Underpants’ display for the books.
imajaz can promote your web site every week!