50 g (2 oz) Margarine
100 g (4 oz) Castor Sugar
300 g (10 oz) Self-Raising Flour
15 ml (3 tsp) Ground Ginger
4 x 15ml (4 tbsp) Milk
3 x 15ml (3 tbsp) Golden Syrup
Cherries, Chocolate drops or currants for features and buttons
Lightly greased baking tray
* Pre-heat oven to 160 C, 325 F, Gas Mark 3.
* Place the flour and ginger in a bowl.
* Melt the sugar, margarine and syrup together and add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
* Add the milk and mix to a firm consistency then knead lightly.
* Roll out to thickness required then cut out shapes.
* Put the eyes, mouth and buttons into position then bake for about 10 -15 minutes until golden brown.