People from across Great Yarmouth and Waveney are being urged to help the health service to help them by going to the right place for treatment if they feel unwell this bank holiday.
Anyone who is unsure of where to go for help, has a question about medication or any other query which cannot wait until the following day should call the free 111 number for advice. The service, which is working well in Great Yarmouth and Waveney, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Pharmacies can also offer a wide range of help and advice for minor illnesses such as coughs and colds, while the GP out-of-hours service is available for people with problems needing urgent treatment which cannot wait until Tuesday.
People who need to be seen immediately but do not have a serious illness or injury can visit Greyfriars walk-in centre in Great Yarmouth, which is open from 8am to 8pm every day. Alternatively, Beccles minor injuries unit, based at the town’s hospital and also open from 8am to 8pm, can offer help for minor injuries such as scalds, sprains, cuts and strains.
Michael Dennis, prescribing advisor with HealthEast, the clinical commissioning group for Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: “We would urge everyone living in Great Yarmouth and Waveney to help us to help them this bank holiday by going to the right place for treatment.
“By selecting the right service for your needs, you will keep the amount of time you wait to a minimum while ensuring people most in need can access urgent or emergency care. Your local pharmacy can also offer you help and advice on a wide range of health conditions and should be your first port of call for any minor ailment.”
The following pharmacies will be open across Great Yarmouth and Waveney on Monday:
- Tesco, George Westwood Way, Beccles, 11am – 4pm
- Asda, Acle New Road, Great Yarmouth, 9am – 6pm
- Boots, Gapton Hall Retail Park, Great Yarmouth, 8.30am – midnight
- Boots, 3 Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, 10am – 4pm
- Lloyds, 114 Regent Road, Great Yarmouth, 10am – 4pm
- Tesco, Pasteur Road, Great Yarmouth, 11am – 4pm
- Town Pharmacy, 171 King Street, Great Yarmouth, 11am – 1pm
- Asda, Horn Hill, Lowestoft, 9am – 6pm
- Hayden Pharmacy, High Street, Lowestoft, 12noon – 2pm
- Queen Street Pharmacy, Southwold, 12noon – 2pm