15 ml (3 level tsp) Instant Coffee
15 ml (1 tbsp) Water
100 g (4 oz) Plain Chocolate
100 g (4 oz) Caster Sugar
300 ml (10 fl oz) Fresh Double Cream
25 g (1 oz) Icing Sugar
* Cut a 30.5 (12 in) square of non stick paper. Fold up 2.5 (1 in) all the way round. Snip into the corners and secure with paperclips to form a free standing paper case. Place onto a baking sheet.
* Separate the yokes from the whites.
* Blend the coffee to a smooth paste with the water.
* Break the chocolate in a bowl and melt over a pan, leave to cool.
* Whisk the yolks and sugar until thick,
then stir in the coffee and the cool melted chocolate.
* Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the mixture.
* Pour mixture into the prepared baking tray.
* Bake at 180 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4 for about 15 minutes.
* Cover with a dampened tea-towel and leave overnight.
* Remove the tea- towel and flip the roulade onto a sheet of sugared greaseproof paper.
* Whip the fresh cream until softly stiff.
* Spread onto the roulade and roll up using the sugared grease proof paper.
* Decorate as required. Maybe fresh cream and small pieces of fruit
or maybe a lightly coat of icing sugar.
* Enjoy and don’t forget to share!
Iceni Post sponsors advert
‘we specialise in weddings as we believe they are one of the loveliest moments in life’