Oye Santana’s Woodstock 50th Anniversary tour
UK’s top latin rock tribute hits Beccles
on 23rd February at 7.30pm
Oye Santana, voted UK No.1 Winner at the 2018 National Tribute Music Awards, are celebrating 50 years since an electrifying performance at Woodstock catapulted Santana to stardom.
Having wowed an enthusiastic audience with their performance there in 2017, the band checks in to Beccles Public Hall on Saturday 23 February 2019 ready to do the same again. As those who’ve already seen them will confirm, it’s a fiesta-tinged show that has everyone’s feet tapping from the first chink of a tambourine to the get-up-and-boogie finale.
Oye Santana’s six-piece band is led by Milan Webb, a virtuoso guitarist with a technique and tone to match Santana himself, who not only sounds the part, but looks the part too. Joining him on stage are Hector Gomez (yes, he’s Spanish) and Gez Kahan on keyboards. Adding to the spectacle and generating those infectious latin-rock rhythms are Jon Quirk on bass and Paul Murphy on percussion, while Pete Lockwood is the powerhouse behind the drum kit.
“As ever, we’ll be concentrating on hits, played the way everyone knows them from the records,” says Milan. “We’ve never been into long self-indulgent solos – and we don’t think our audience are either! Our focus is on entertaining, and we love it when people get up and dance.”
When it comes to hits, the audience at The Public Hall will be spoilt for choice – Carlos Santana has 50 years’ worth. Early favourites include Jin-Go-Lo-Ba, Samba Pa Ti, Black Magic Woman and She’s Not There, but Santana’s chart success reaches well into the 21st century. Expect to hear Smooth (a million-seller at the turn of the millennium and the US Billboard chart’s #1 rock song of all time), Corazón Espinado, Maria Maria and his 2016 smash, Anywhere You Want To Go.
Their Woodstock 50th Anniversary tour sees Oye Santana not only playing dates across the UK but also headlining a series of Woodstock-themed festivals in Belgium and Holland. To find out more about the band (including a full list of current bookings) and to watch their showreel, go to www.oyesantana.com. Tickets for Oye Santana’s show at Beccles Public Hall on Saturday 23 February at 7:30pm are available now direct from the venue, by phone (01502 770060) or online via becclespublichall.co.uk.
• Guaranteed to enthrall even the most exacting fan. Superb entertainment — Brian Harrington, Newbury Weekly News
• “The best Santana tribute in the world” – Anyone listening wouldn’t argue with that. Best tribute band in the World? Quite possibly! — Ken Holland, Teignmouth Post
• The best tribute band I’ve seen — Hilary Howard, co-manager, The Railway Venue, Bolton
• Santana’s legacy is in the best possible hands — Pete Feenstra, promoter & radio presenter
• A stunning performance — St Ives Times & Echo
• An amazing set — Reading Chronicle
• Close your eyes and you can’t tell the difference — Anjen Events
• If you are looking for a Santana band, you have just found the very best — Ley Hill Festival
Collect your copy of the latest What’s On Programme of Events so you can discover more films and other events coming to the Hall soon, or click image link below:
Mixed age CLASSES
Peewee 5-11, Junior 12-16, Adult 17-39
& ‘Old Tigers’ 40+:
on Monday and Thursday evenings
7 to 8.30pm