Susie’s Favourite Recipes
2 Large Potatoes
1 Stick Celery
1/2 Medium Sized Leek
1lb Diced Pork
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Chicken Stock Cube
Black Ground Pepper
Serves 2 -3 people
* Heat oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas Mark 4.
* Peel and slice potatoes and onion.
* Chop celery and leek.
* Peel and chop the apple.
* Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with 1/2 the potatoes,
followed by the pork and all the other ingredients.
* Grind the black pepper and crumble stock cube on top.
* Finish off by arranging the remainder of the potatoes on top and add water to about half way up the casserole dish (add more water if needed – check while it is being cooked).
*Cook about 30 minutes, then turn down slightly for about another hour until the meat is thoroughly cooked through.
* When the casserole is cooked, if the liquid is too thin for your taste, it can be thickened with cornflour.
* Serve with carrots and broccoli.