Susie’s Favourite Recipes
225 g (8 oz) **Self-raising Flour
100 g (4 oz) Margarine
30 ml (2 tbsp) Cold Water
225 g (8 oz) Sausage Meat
A lightly greased baking tray.
**Please note you can use plain flour but self-raising gives the pastry a softer more crumblier texture.
* Preheat oven to 230 C, 450 F and Gas Mark 8.
* Put the flour into the basin and add the margarine.
* Lightly rub in the margarine using your fingertips. Lift the mixture up as you rub the mixture together. This allows the air in and helps to have a lighter pastry.
* Using a knife, add a little water at a time, stir the mixture until you have a nice stiff consistency.
* Kneed the mixture in the bowl until it becomes one piece of dough.
* Turn onto a floured board or work surface and roll out to about 7.5 cm (3 inch) wide, keeping the dough to the thickness you prefer.
* Roll the sausage meat out with floured hands to the length of the pastry.
* Place the sausage meat onto the pastry strip, and lightly brush the edge of the pastry with milk to help it seal together, roll up the pastry.
* Cut into lengths and place onto the baking tray.
* Make a couple of cuts along the tops then lightly brush them with a little milk to glaze.
* Place into the oven and cook for about 20 minutes until golden brown.