Several libraries in Suffolk are planning special events to invite local people in to talk about getting involved in new ‘Friends of the library’ or Community Groups.
All the county’s libraries are now run by Suffolk Libraries which is an independent and charitable body set up to run all of the county’s libraries. Each library in Suffolk looking to form community groups to ensure the local community has a say in the running of the library and can get involved in supporting it through fundraising or other activities.
Several libraries have already set up groups or are in the process of forming them and the following libraries are holding events or open days to invite local people in who might be interested in getting involved and finding out more:
• Kessingland Library are holding an evening event on Tuesday 9 April at 7.30pm
• Lavenham Library is holding an event on Thursday 11 April at 11am
• Kesgrave Library are holding an open day at the library on Saturday, 13 April from 1pm to 3pm
• Newmarket Library are holding an event on Tuesday 16 April at 2pm
• Beccles Library are holding an event on Thursday 18 April from 10am to 4pm
• Hadleigh Library are holding a coffee morning on Saturday 20 April from 10am to 12pm
• Saxmundham Library is holding a coffee, tea and cakes event on Saturday 20 April from 10.30am to 12.30pm
• Bury St Edmunds are also holding an open event on Saturday 20 April at 10am
For more information about these events or the services your library can offer, please contact the library or visit www.suffolklibraries.co.uk for more information.