Suffolk Libraries are launching a fantastic Gold Ticket Summer Prize Draw to celebrate this year’s Summer Reading Challenge with a chance to win some amazing prizes including some great family days out.
The Summer Reading Challenge is the UK’s biggest reading for pleasure programme and is run across libraries to encourage primary school aged children to keep up their reading skills over the summer holidays. This year’s Summer Reading Challenge has the theme of ‘The Big Friendly Read’, featuring some of Roald Dahl’s best-loved characters and the amazing artwork of his illustrator, Sir Quentin Blake.
Many of the prizes offered by Suffolk Libraries are inspired by the Summer Reading Challenge theme, including tickets for a family to enjoy the ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ show in the West End and a Family day out to Cadbury World, provided by Galloway or Mayday Travel – including coach travel.
The full list prizes include the following (all trips/days include free tickets for a family of four unless otherwise stated)
Prizes available in all libraries:
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory West End show tickets
- Family day out to Cadbury World, provided by Galloway – including coach travel
- Bewilderwood Family Forest Adventure
- Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre Family Pass
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book signed by illustrator Quentin Blake
Other prizes available (depending on library)
- Sleeping Beauty Panto at Ipswich Regent
- All Fired Up ceramic painting party
- Namco family bowling experience
- Hollow Trees Farm trail and roast dinner
- Museum of East Anglian Life family pass
- Easton Farm Park family tickets
- Crown Pools family swim
- Kingfisher Leisure Centre family swim
- Marina Lowestoft family cinema tickets
- Ipswich Transport Museum family ticket
- 2 children’s tickets to Colchester Zoo
- £25 voucher to Chiquito Mexican restaurant
- Scribbles studio £10 voucher
- Kingpin family bowling experience.
Tickets to enter the draw are only £1 and can be bought in any of the county’s 44 libraries and the mobile libraries since Saturday 16 July. The closing date for entries is 31 August. ‘Family prizes’ refer to a family of 2 adults and 2 children, or 1 adult and 3 children.
For full terms and conditions click here/visit www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/src
Germaine Bates, Suffolk Libraries Summer Reading Challenge Coordinator, said: “Suffolk libraries are delighted to be able to offer their customers the chance of winning some super gold ticket family prizes this summer! We would like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to all those businesses who generously donated prizes and made the draw possible.”
All money raised by the draw will be used to enhance the services Suffolk Libraries provides across the county.
The Summer Reading Challenge runs throughout the summer holidays from 16 July to 3 September 2016.
It’s free to enter and it’s a great way of making reading fun throughout the summer with collectable incentives and rewards, plus a certificate, or medal for every child who reads all six. Children can sign up at their local library at the start of the summer holidays – it’s absolutely free and many libraries will also be running related activities through the holidays.
2015 was the most successful ever in Suffolk with over 8,200 children signing up and as 2016 is officially Suffolk Libraries’ Year of Reading, it’s hoped that this summer will be another huge success.
Photo is attached of pupils from Wells Hall Primary School in Great Cornard with their Gold Tickets.