Aylsham Food Festival 2012 will run from Friday 5th to Sunday 7th October and one of the star attractions on the Saturday is bound to be a pop-up shop provided by Woodfordes Brewery.
The shop will compliment the monthly FARMA-accredited Farmers’ Market, a producers event in the Town Hall plus live music and children’s entertainment in the Market Place.
All events, including the Farmers’ Market, will be open all day giving shoppers and Festival-goers extra time to shop and have fun!
In a day packed with events, Saturday 6th will also see cooking demonstrations by local chefs in the Town Hall during the morning and a bread baking demonstration in the afternoon by local baker Oliver Sanders from Handmade Foods of Burgh. Entry to all these events is absolutely free!
In the run up to the Festival weekend, children from local schools are being invited to create cakes which must include at least one vegetable in their recipe. The cakes have to be taken to the Town Hall on the morning of Saturday 6th where they will be judged and prizes of restaurant vouchers from the Black Boys, the Market Place restaurant and the Crown at Banningham will be presented in the afternoon.
The full Aylsham Food Festival programme this year is
on Friday 5th October 2012
- Aylsham Country Market in the Town Hall, 8.50am to noon FREE ENTRY to a fantastic selection of cakes, savouries, vegetables, plants and crafts all under one roof!
- Festival Dinner at Aylsham High School with guest speaker Ian Russell MBE of Wroxham Barns – this event is now sold out
on Saturday 6th October 2012
- Market Place closed to traffic
- FARMA-accredited Farmers’ Market, 9.00am to 4.00pm
- ‘Meet the Producers’ in the Town Hall, 10.00am to 4.00pm with cooking and bakery demonstrations by local chefs FREE ENTRY – an opportunity to meet more local producers and talk to them about their products
- Woodfordes Brewery ‘pop-up’ shop in the Market Place
- One Foot in the Groove jazz band playing during the morning
- more music from local bands in the afternoon
- children’s rides in the Market Place all day
- a series of Kids Cooking Workshops at Aylsham High School
on Sunday 7th October 2012
- The Big Slow Breakfast in the Town Hall with special guests Richard Hughes, Chris Coubrough and Vanessa Scott – all Patrons of the Norfolk Food & Drink Festival – this event is now sold out
Children will be bringing their entries for the Festival’s Vegetable Cake Competition to the Town Hall at 10.15 in the morning and they will be invited to come back in the afternoon at 3.00pm to hear the judges’ decision. Restaurant vouchers sponsored by the Black Boys, the Market Place restaurant and The Crown at Banningham will be presented and any cakes left will be auctioned with proceeds toNorfolk charity, The Big C. Additionally, we will be running a ‘Spot the Snail in the Shop Window’ competition with prizes, donated by Aylsham Business & Enterprise Forum, again awarded during the afternoon, at 2.00pm.
More details of Aylsham Food Festival are at www.slowfoodaylsham.org.uk