Susie’s Favourite Recipes
Giant Stuffed Mushrooms
Serve 6 people
6 Large flat mushrooms
2 Slices of Bread, crusts removed
2 Tablespoons of Milk
Large bunch of flat leafed fresh Parsley
2 Garlic cloves
50g (2oz) freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
2-3 tablespoons Brandy (optional)
* Wipe the mushrooms and remove the stalks.
* Soak the bread in the milk.
* Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan.
Add the whole mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes or until just tender, sprinkle with pepper and turn them over once.
* Arrange the mushrooms, stem side up, in a flame-proof dish.
* For the stuffing finely chop the mushroom stalks and parsley
(or if you prefer use a food processor).
* Squeeze the bread dry and add to the mushroom mixture and mix well (or process a little longer).
* Put the mixture into a bowel.
Crush the garlic and add with the Parmesan cheese and pepper.
* Moisten with brandy to taste with 2-3 tablespoons of
olive oil and mix together.
* Pre-heat the grill.
* Press a little stuffing mixture into each mushroom cap
and grill for about 5 minutes until golden.
* Serve hot and enjoy!