Hundreds of events across the country will take place to celebrate the fourth National Libraries Day on Saturday 7 February. National Libraries Day is national celebration of libraries and a chance to showcase what libraries can offer and how local people can get involved.
The following special events are taking place across Suffolk this year. Everyone is welcome to come along and all of Suffolk’s 44 libraries are open on National Libraries Day and every Saturday:
- At Kesgrave Library children and families are invited along to make crafts with the theme of the film Frozen including Olaf the snowman. There will be free refreshments available and the library will be encouraging people to ‘Like’ their Facebook page with everyone who does going into a draw to win a prize.
- Westbourne Library will be holding an event from 10am to 12noon where children can come along and make a 3D Paddington Bear.
- At Southwold Library Bessy the National Libraries Day Bird will be painted on the wall and children and adults can add a feather with their favourite book (or books) all day.
- Woodbridge Library will be holding a book display and book sale. There will also be a children’s drawing competition and a quiz about libraries.
- Gainsborough Community Library will have various activities from 1 -4pm including crafts, pool, table tennis, a teddy tombola, Nintendo Wii games and a booksale. You can also meet the Chair of the Voices for the Library community group and find out about volunteering opportunities at the library. The Community café will be open serving drinks and snacks.
- Rosehill Library in Ipswich will be hosting an event from 2pm to 4pm with crafts, lucky dip, a sale of donated cds, books and cards. There will also be a chance to find out more about volunteering opportunities with the library’s Friends group.
- Hadleigh Library will be providing an opportunity to meet the Hadleigh Library Friends group and discuss what people want from their library in the future with the launch of a customer survey from 10am to 1pm. Janet from the Scrumptious Sisters will be at the library from 10am to 4pm with her delicious cakes and preserves. There will also be a treasure hunt for children.
- At Great Cornard Library local county councillor Peter Beer will be at the library at 10.30am presenting a cheque from his locality budget which is helping to fund free customer Wi-Fi for the library and sports centre next door.
- At Kessingland Library there will be a National Libraries Day Coffee Morning from 9.30am – 1pm and the launch of a new collection point for the Waveney Foodbank.
DanHIRE TRAILERS (BUNGAY SUFFOLK) Please call 07860 452421
To discuss your Trailer Hire Requirements