Susie’s Favourite Recipes
as made by Lianne
175 g (6 oz) Margarine
175 g (6 oz) Caster Sugar
150 g (5 oz) Self-Raising Flour
5 ml (1 tsp) Baking Powder
25 g (1 oz) Dark Cocoa
1 Oven proof Basin
100 g (4 oz) Butter
175 g (6 oz) Icing Sugar
30 ml ( 1 large tbsp) Dark Cocoa
2 Large Packets of Chocolate Buttons
1 Glaze Cherry
2 Seedless Raisins
* Lightly grease the basin.
* Preheat the oven to 140 C, 275 F, Gas mark 1.
* Cream the margarine and sugar really well.
* Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
* Beat in the eggs one at a time with a little flour.
* Fold in the remaining flour.
* If the mixture is too dry add a little milk.
* Pour the mixture into the basin and cook for about 1 hour. Test that it is cooked using a knife or skewer.
* Leave the cake in the basin until it has cooled then turn out.
* To Decorate the top beat the butter and icing sugar together.
* Dissolve the cocoa in a little boiling water and mix into the butter icing.
* Spread the flat, top side of the cake with butter icing.
* Cut down the middle and sandwich the two butter icing ends together.
* Spread the cake with the rest of the butter icing.
* To make the nose of the hedgehog put a little more icing at one to form a snout.
* Place either halved or whole chocolate buttons over the hedgehog to make the spikes leaving the area around the hedgehogs face clear.
* Mark the face with a fork and add the cherry nose and raisin eyes.