Susie’s Favourite Recipes
100 g (4 oz) Plain Chocolate
100 g (4 oz) Caster Sugar
300 ml (10 fl oz) Fresh Double Cream
* Cut a 30.5 (12 in) square of non stick paper. Fold up 2.5 (1 in) all the way round. Snip into the corners and secure with paper-clips to form a free standing paper case. Place onto a baking tin.
* Separate the yokes from the whites.
* Break the chocolate in a bowl and melt over a pan, leave to cool.
* Whisk the yolks and sugar until thick, then stir in the cool melted chocolate.
* Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the mixture.
* Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray.
* Bake at 180 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4 for about 15 minutes.
* Cover with a dampened tea-towel and leave overnight.
* Remove the tea- towel and flip the roulade onto a sheet of sugared greaseproof paper.
* Whip the fresh cream until softly stiff.
* Spread onto the roulade and roll up using the sugared grease proof paper.
* You may wish to decorate with whipped cream and chocolate flakes.