Spring’s not here yet …
wait until Deepdale Spring Market 2019 opens its doors
The weather may be unseasonably Spring-like for February, but it’s well known that Spring doesn’t really start on the North Norfolk Coast until the Deepdale Spring Market 2019 opens its doors on Friday 29th March. More than 60 Norfolk artisans, producers, charities and activity companies gather at Dalegate Market in Burnham Deepdale for a weekend celebrating the best of this beautiful county.
10 Reasons to Enjoy Deepdale Spring Market
1. Mothers Day on Sunday – We thought we should start with the most important members of the family, as it is their day. Why not treat them to some wonderful artisan shopping, while enjoying a day out on the beautiful North Norfolk Coast.
2. Norfolk Artisans & Producers – This year we are hosting more than 60 Norfolk artisans and producers, so there is something for every interest and budget.
3. Tasty Food & Drink – Whether its tasty food to take home or eat while shopping, you’ll find chutneys, cheeses, gins, oils, cakes, brownies, chocolates, wines, beers, pies and more.
4. Spring Gifts – Norfolk artisans don’t just produce amazing food, but also perfect spring gifts from home furnishings to local souvenirs.
5. Find Your North Norfolk Coast Hygge – In the Orchard around the marquee, we are hosting North Norfolk Coast activity companies, helping you to find your hygge. You can take a sailing boat to discover the coastline, stay in a glamping tent, try your hand at a puzzle room, find out about walking routes.
6. FREE Entry – Like all our markets at Dalegate Market, entry is free, so you can spend your hard-earned cash on produce rather than on the entry fee.
7. FREE Car Parking – A big thank you to the International Lions (Hunstanton) who are helping park cars this weekend. Car parking remains free, but if you fancy throwing a coin or more into their collection buckets, you’ll be helping support deserving causes.
8. Live Music at Deepdale Hygge – Why not make a whole day of it on Saturday. After shopping head over to Deepdale Backpackers & Camping next door for some fantastic live music from some of the best local talent, starting at 2pm – Dick York & the Originals, Mammal Not Fish, Vincent Knight, Matt Watson, Christian Smith and Lisa Redford, who is launching her new EP.
9. English Tourism Day – Friday is about celebrating the diverse nature of English tourism. Our local MP Henry Bellingham is visiting the Spring Market to learn about the events we run at Deepdale, and the artisans and producers we work with.
10. Take a Walk – Don’t miss the opportunity to take the new Norfolk Trails’ Heritage Walk that takes you from Burnham Deepdale to Barrow Common, down to Branodunum at Brancaster, then back along the Norfolk Coast Path. Have a chat with Norfolk Trails in the Orchard.
Now in its 4th year, the Deepdale Spring Market has become the event that marks the start of Spring on the North Norfolk Coast. The Spring Market is one of the first events in the calendar for most stall holders, kick starting their year, with a very enjoyable relaxed event in a beautiful location. Customers dip in and out of the market, enjoying the shopping while taking the chance to enjoy the countryside and coastline of the North Norfolk Coast, along with some great food and drink.
Stalls selling the most wonderful hand-crafted art, crafts, jewellery, accessories, home furnishings, collectables and gifts form the Deepdale Spring Market 2019, around the shops and café of Dalegate Market in Burnham Deepdale, approximately halfway between Hunstanton and Wells-next-the-Sea on the A149 coast road.
Large marquees, the beach hut pop up shops and many outside stalls create a lovely space to shop, browse and inspire. And of course, there will be wonderful food and drink to taste and enjoy, from chutneys to smoke house fish, from Norfolk cheeses to hand crafted chocolates. The full list of stall holders can be found on the Market website: www.deepdalespringmarket.co.uk
Deepdale Spring Market 2019 coincides with Mothers Day, and what better way to spoil your mother than to enjoy lovely shopping on the North Norfolk Coast.
The Deepdale Spring Market 2019 is part of the whole Deepdale Hygge experience. What is Hygge, well it’s a Danish word that means something like inner happiness. The shops and café of Dalegate Market join forces with the crew at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping to put on a weekend that showcases all that is fabulous about the North Norfolk Coast. Many visitors stay at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping throughout the weekend, and take part in guided walks, star gazing, guided cycle rides, a barn dance, and enjoy a fantastic line up of live music from Norfolk musicians.
Live Music at Deepdale Hygge in the afternoon and evening of Saturday 30th March will feature Dick York and the Originals, Mammal Not Fish, Matt Watson, Christian Smith, Vincent Knight and Lisa Redford, who is launching her new EP. More acts will be announced nearer the event. Day visitors and those staying at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping can enjoy the music programme. Tickets are available on the event website at www.deepdalehygge.co.uk
“The aim of all the businesses in Burnham Deepdale, is to help visitors find their own personal hygge. Whether its great shopping at Dalegate Market or one of our Markets, enjoying the facilities of the campsite and backpackers hostel, learning about the area from the knowledgeable crew in Deepdale Visitor Information Centre, relaxing to great live music at one of our music events, or any combination of activities that bring them happiness in this beautiful part of the world. Ever since we took back the running of the tourism accommodation in October 2016, our mission as a crew has been to help people feel welcome and to find their hygge.” said Jason Borthwick, one of the organisers of Deepdale Spring Market and Deepdale Hygge.
Deepdale Spring Market 2019 opens it doors to visitors from 10am to 5pm on Friday 29th, Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st March. Full details of stalls can be found on the event website: www.deepdalespringmarket.co.uk
The Market takes place at Dalegate Market in Burnham Deepdale. Visitors should use the postcode PE31 8FB to find the event, and follow car parking signs in the village. The Coastliner bus service stops immediately outside the door, coming from both East (Wells-next-the-Sea) and West (Kings Lynn and Hunstanton).
Deepdale Hygge takes place across the same weekend, Friday 29th, Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st March, and visitors hoping to stay at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping are advised to book in advance on the event website:www.deepdalehygge.co.uk or Tel: 01485 210256
Tickets for the Live Music at Deepdale Hygge on Saturday 30th March, from 2pm to 10.30pm are also available to day visitors and can be bought on the event website: www.deepdalehygge.co.uk or Tel: 01485 210256