EASTERLY ARTISTS’ NEW EXHIBITION MAKING OUR MARK HITS ITS TARGET AT FERINI GALLERY, PAKEFIELD
New show opens 5 November, runs over Christmas till 9 January.
The phrase “making your mark” originates in archery, where it signifies hitting the target – however, Easterly Artists members must have missed the memo, as none of them own a bow and arrow. Instead, they have been cleaning their brushes, wetting their pottery wheels and sharpening their chisels for their Winter exhibition Making Our Mark at the Ferini Art Gallery in Pakefield.
The group has grown in numbers recently, so a record 24 artists will be presenting their interpretations of the theme in an awe-inspiring variety of mediums, ranging from painting in oil and acrylics, screenprint, mixed media collage, digital illustration and ceramics to less well-known art forms such as Dorodango and sculptural assemblages using found objects.
Miles Barry, Easterly Artists Chairman, commented: “There’s a ‘buzz’ building in Lowestoft: the work starting on the Gull Wing bridge, the funds and effort going into the Heritage Action Zones, the sea defence investment to increase the town’s attractiveness for business, Banksy’s recent Spraycation tour… there’s a sense of something starting to happen. It’s good to feel part of that and to be able, in our own way, to contribute to its momentum.”
Making Our Mark opens on Friday 5 November and runs till Sunday 9 January 2022 at the Ferini Gallery, 27-29 All Saints Road, Pakefield NR33 0JL. Opening times are 11am – 4pm every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and entry is free.
24 Easterly Artists members are taking part in Making Our Mark:
- Amy Stock – Illustrator using multiple media: digital, collage and print
- Angelique Fraser-Mackenzie – Collagraphs and watercolour
- Bill Haward – Collage based on line drawing
- Chris Milham – Modern contemporary art in oil and acrylic
- Clare Johnson – Photographer/Mixed media artist
- Darren Breeze – Artistic woodturner
- Eileen Coxon – Fine art painting in oils and watercolours
- Fiona Shreeve – Sculptural ceramics
- Harvey Bradley – Porcelain pieces featuring expressive brushwork
- Hilary Barry – Figurative fine artist and painter
- Malcolm Cudmore – Fine art painting and drawing
- Mandy Walden – Mixed media painter, printmaker, book artist
- Marilyn Jackson – Mixed media and mono printing
- Mark Burrell – Fine art and magical realism
- Mark Ross – Dorodango
- Ni Gooding – Fine art screenprinting
- Nina Roffey – Sculptural assemblages with found objects
- Paul Zawadzki – Oil and acrylic contemporary landscapes
- Peter Rodulfo – Fine art and magical realism
- Rosalind Bieber – Modern contemporary art in Ecos paint and conte
- Simon Turner – Mixed media: acrylic on wood and metal
- Simon Wilde – Fine artist specialising in painting and drawing
- Tricia Davidson – Fine art painter and printmaker
- Vivienne Burns – Landscape-inspired decoration on a sculptural form
Visitors can learn more about the exhibition and participating artists on the Easterly Artists website at https://easterly.org.uk/making-our-mark/
Mondays & Thursdays
The Venue, Ringsfield Road, Beccles
1st Session is Free!
Book here: iceniTKD.uk