Susie’s Favourite Recipes
Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
6 Medium Red Peppers
8 Ripe Tomatoes
2 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp Sugar
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbls Fresh Chopped Basil
I Medium Onion
1 Garlic Clove
900 ml (1 1/2 Pints) Vegetable Stock
3 Tbls Chopped Fresh Basil (garnish)
* Pre-heat oven to 190 C, 375 F, Gas Mark 5.
* Skin and half the tomatoes then half and de-seed peppers and place skin side up with the tomatoes in a roasting tin.
* Drizzle with 1 tbls of olive oil and sprinkle with sugar, black pepper and the chopped basil.
* Bake for 1 hour.
* Heat the remaining olive oil and cook the onion and garlic gently for 15 minutes in a covered saucepan.
* Add the peppers, tomatoes and stock, cover and bring to the boil.
* Allow to cool a little and then purée, taste for seasoning.
* Serve either warm or chilled and garnish with chopped basil.