Home-Start is a local Suffolk Charity which has been extremely fortunate to receive Big Lottery and Suffolk County Council funding to expand its services to work in the Lowestoft and Waveney area of Suffolk.
We have just set up a satellite office in Beccles and are starting the process of recruiting Volunteers that we can train to support local families. We need your help please to attract local volunteers so hope that you would advertise for us in your newspaper publication. I have attached a Poster and a Volunteer leaflet for your information and have included some background information on Home-Start in Suffolk below.
We are looking for volunteers that:
- Understand the needs of families with young children
- Have 3-4hrs a week to support a local family
- Want to benefit from the support and training an established volunteer charity can provide
In return we can offer our volunteers:
- Level 1,2,3 OCN accredited training
- Ongoing tailored support, and training
- Travel & Telephone expenses
- Out of hours support
- Various volunteer opportunities; Home-visiting, group, fundraising, marketing, social policy
Click here to see our brochure: home-start-volunteers